Friday, October 4, 2013

One Crafty Speller


*** POOF ***

Hello Blog Land !!  feels like its been forever!  No worries.. FALL is here and this by far is one of my favorite crafting seasons.  How about you?     Its a Happy SOUS Friday Challenge and I sure hope you participate in this one.  Do not forget to link up on the official SOUS Blog.    Can you guess what this challenge was about?   If you said Halloween... wrong!   Our queen crafty witch or is that goddess... Nanne' challenges us to come up with a project with the theme " Hocus Pocus "   so anything to do with magic!   I could have come up with something Disney, or some sort of magical moment with my family.  Instead I took a queue from my most amazing talent.. or lack there of.  " Spelling " !!!  LOL   I'm a scrapbooker you see, and my most favorite subject, a straight A his whole life now Sophomore in college studying to enter the medical field with a minor in foreign language.   So I hope I have painted the picture for you.  For you see, I'm the creative one, not the brains in the family... and he does not hesitate to point out my every misspelled word with in his albums.  So nothing could be more appropriate than this to adorn the door of my crafty space.   I think its important to take special note in the ' spelling ' portion of this sign.... for you see, I could not resist the opportunity to add this cute cuttlebug frog adorned with my Sizzix witches die hat to which his little rabbit ears poke through.   LOL !! thus emphasizing the 'magic' part of this theme and my inability to cast appropriate 'spells'. I also used my Cricut cartridge Happy Hauntings for the witch and frame.   Sizzix font strip for the message.   I just love how this turned out and hope you are inspired to run to your crafty caves and create create create !   
  






Happy Crafting my fellow spellbinders !!!   :)   Be sure to check out the Official SOUS BLOG for more amazing inspiration !   Until next time ** POOF **  :)

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh Kimi, this is just too cute and clever!!! I love everything about it and think it will be so cute on your craft room door!! I love the story behind this as well and I'm right there with you on the spelling. Of course I think my spelling is getting worse with age. lol I just love your take on this challenge!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always, always, always think you are one of my FAV die cutters...I am always so in love
    with your designs and this is NO different! Bad spelling or not! LOL! I still laugh at when I'd
    post something with wrong spelling that people would message me to tell me so...I'm sure
    at this point, everyone's gotten used to it! LOL! I did a big oops and had words switched not
    too long ago on a page as well! Oops!
    Anyways, I am so crazy for this...the details, the design! I love the papers, the little bats, the gooey
    letters, the scroll...too too perfect!

    Hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute,Love the little frog.Joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete