Friday, October 5, 2012

For my ' BOO '

Admit it.  We all have cute little names for our family members.  :)    When Ms. Nanne' from Stuck On U sketches posted for our latest project I was stummped.    I live in the country and do not  receive trick or treaters.  Cody being 19... well not many photo ops there for me to stage something before the due date.   However I do love love the changing of the seasons and all the colors of the holiday and who can go with out mentioning the 'candy '!     So for this ' Creepy Crawly ' challenge I decided to create some decor for my kitchen and a little treat bag to fill with all of my ' BOO's ' favorite candy :).

For the decor I have had this cartridge for ... well since it was released and I am afraid to tell you when that was. LOL.  So I decided it was time to crack the seal on the Pumpkin Carvings cartridge and create a glass block for my kitchen to glow at night :).   I filled it with orange toole and white lights and instead of Cody drawing a face on a pumpkin to be carved, he managed to make enough time for me to picked this cute little expression out for his block :).       On to the little bag.   Confession,  this was one of a few projects I worked on but did not finish for the PC contest using their new release Create a Critter 2.   I finished it too late to enter but just in time for the SOUS challenge and I am quite pleased.    I cut Orange and Black fabric using my Gypsy for the treat bag design, then cut again 3 more times.   This allowed me to line the inside and to make it more sturdy.  The bottom and sides were created with a straight 3.5 inch strip.   all pieces were sewn together with raw edges showing.  Once completed the edges were not lined up so perfectly so I used pinking shears to even out and I like how it added a little extra something.    Outlined the eyes and mouth with stickles and created a handle using wired vintage silver tinsle.   The tag, is a $1 bin bag of wooden tags covered in paper.  The 'BOO' was cut using Sizzix Sock Hop font.   

My sweet BOO will be happy to see his little treat bag filled with goodies come hallows eve. :) 




 
Be sure to creep over to the original SOUS Blog for more ideas our Design team created for this challenge.  Your sure to be inspired :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, I just think you are so talented ...
    I love this what a cool idea and I really love that glass block!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your take on the challenge and so glad you wanted to create something even though you don't celebrate Halloween.. Us in Finland don't have the traditional USA Halloween. The night clubs might have something set up for the younger generation and then home party's, but no trick-or-treaters as well.. I absolutely love your take on this challenge :)
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your project...and I love that you thought outside of the box. That little bag is amazing. I never think to cut fabric with my machine. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bags are awesome!!! So much fun . . . may still have time to do that for my home!! Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've taken the challenge and adapted it for your Boo. Awesome colors and cuts .. and that plaid bow is just over the top .. hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome project. Your work,is always so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects...awesome treat bags!

    ReplyDelete