Saturday, August 4, 2012

HARD ROCK candy bar

Ok.. remember when I mentioned not much activity in blog land.. but that I had been busy ?  Well... this post is the begining of some things I have been working on.     First up.  A ROCKIN BIRTHDAY !!  I have a friend at the office who wanted to help another friend and asked if I could create a few signs that would serve as ' store fronts ' for a childs rockin birthday party.  Cool I thought and so I said yes not even having met this other gal.  So with my list in hand, I was challenged to come up with a sign for the following:  Candy Bar, Gift Table, Cake Table, Guitar stand, Hair salon and Tattoo Parlor.   This cool kid loves playing guitar hero and his favorite color was blue.   Did I mention he was only 4 ?   LOL... yep I did the same thing. But learned quickly that this kiddo was into his parents classic rock music and could beat most anyone in guitar hero.  That game alone is what sparked the idea of this party.   So MOM decided to envolve all the family,  each would dress in rocker style and man a station and it was my job to 'ROCK IT OUT' ensuring it was boyish, and fun.  So with out delay lets get onto the fun stuff shall we.  :)   

For todays post I will share the first Sign representing the Candy Bar.... and for the next few days I will post the remaining till they are all up so please stay tuned.

Ok.. so kid party... a table set up with a variety of candies and treats, a boy and ROCK... humm I thought.  But it did not take long to imagine the Hard Rock Cafe'  :) 
So below is my version and Sign no. 1.




The base for all signs is the typical school project foam core board.  I cut each with a razor as my starting point.   For the Hard Rock Candy Bar, I used the Cricut Cartridge George and Basic shapes to cut my circle and the shadow.   "Candy Bar" was cut from Cricut Cartridge Street Sign, and " Hard Rock " cut from Hanna Montanna.    I glittered the circle wanting to give the effect of 'rock candy' for any of you that remember that :).   Being that his favorite color was blue, you will find it mixed in just about every single sign.   You will also find that although this was for a boy... I used the Hanna Montanna cartridge often as well.  So to any who thought that it was just for girls.... check back in the coming days and you just may have a change of heart ;)


2 comments:

  1. This sign is awesome!! I would say that you "rock" this out! Can't wait to see the other signs as well. What a cool idea for a themed b-day party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the sign, can't wait to see the rest!! I am getting ready to scrap a lo of my grandkids playing rock band so I am sure to get inspiration from these!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete