Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Collectors Cut - Challenge number #1



 





Ok girls... there it is.  My first completed challenge for 2011.  I drew the Cricut Cartridge:  When its cold outside and immediately knew I wanted to do a layout using this photo!  Cody is on the far right and his high school friend on the far left.  They went to Illinois the day after Christmas to squeeze in one more hunt in famous Pike Co. Illinois---- Deer Country.   Josh is in the middle, this is a new friend that lives there and is the Foreman for a outfitter.  For these boys... ' When its cold outside ' the woods are calling.
For the back ground I used my Gypsy and welded only the shadow flakes together.  Wanted to create a die cut that covered the majority of the page.  Then to highlight a snowflake I cut the deer and its shadow two bumps larger.   Then cut right down the middle to flock either side of the picture.   For the title... I used Stone Script for ' Ive got , in ' and from Printing Press the charmed option was used for the word ' Friends '.
Then a all time favorite - Don Juan for the words 'Snow Places'.   Thank you to my friend Tracy for helping me come up with this perfect title!!  Even the guys liked it!!

Please be sure and check out the Blog http://thecollectorscut.blogspot.com/  where my friends have completed Challenge number one as well. Link up, because we love new inspiration and love to share   :)

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!! I love this layout Kimi ... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Snow Places layout is amazing! Great job. I'm joining as a new follower tonight, and look forward to being inspired by you :)

    Kim http://uscrap2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete